The Chaos of Medicine: Random Talk

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Random Talk

I am currently sitting in between piles of homework, most of it not very useful. I came home on Thursday from a great vacation. It was a much-needed break, because the next three months will probably consist of a lot of stress and a lot of work. That's OK, though. In three and a half months, I will have finished my exams and all that will be left is waiting for the results. I don't consider planning to be one of my strong suits. Three months is just short enough to make me realize that I do need to start working and as a result, this is the most productive I have ever been.

Of course, I am never too busy to spend some (too much) time online. Lately, I've been loving this blog. A physician with a great sense of humor, the type of doctor we need more of. Another source of inspiration is this blog. I love reading about his random acts of kindness and I support his initiative. Also, I spent so much time online I decided to change my layout. I kind of like it!

A few days ago I talked about death and how it's currently affecting me. I got an interesting response:

"To fear death, my friends, is only to think ourselves wise, without being wise: for it is to think that we know what we do not know. For anything that men can tell, death may be the greatest good that can happen to them: but they fear it as if they knew quite well that it was the greatest of evils. And what is this but that shameful ignorance of thinking that we know what we do not know?" - Socrates

Good point. Still, I've not been able to get over this weird feeling - reading a lot about cancer has not helped this. The positive aspect is that it reminds me to enjoy life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment